Dr. Laureen Wishom is Fit, Fine and Fabulous! She wrote the book on it – well, actually it launches on April 26 with over $2,000 worth of bonus gifts. She is awesome and an award-winning entrepreneur and a BRAND MASTER.
In her own words: As I sat and prepared for discussing topics from my new book: Fit, Fine & Fabulous in Career, Business and Life which will be released in late April 2013, I started to ponder over those business strategies that successful entrepreneurs follow for branding purposes.
Below are seven business strategies that came to mind that I know will help you brand yourself as a successful entrepreneur.
1. Take full responsibility for your life. In a society where people blame everything from their parents to the government for their failure to get ahead in life, successful entrepreneurs refused to buy into the mentality that says, “I could succeed if only it weren’t for _____.”
Successful entrepreneurs refuse to buy into this victim (poor me) thinking. When you take responsibility for your life – it is one of the most empowering things you can do.
2. Live your life every day with purpose. Not living your life on purpose consists of simply getting through the day, week or month with the least amount of problems while expending just enough effort to get by.
However, when you live your life on purpose, your main concern is doing the job right. You love what you do – and believe me – it shows when you live every day on purpose.
Focusing requires giving up some things in the present because you know that time invested will pay off in a big way further down the road. Spend as much of your day as you can focusing on achieving your goals and dreams.
Focusing is like any habit; the more you do it, the easier it gets.
4. Pay the price. Successful entrepreneurs find out what it will cost to make their dreams come true; then they find a way to make it happen.
Most important, they don’t complain about the work it takes to achieve their dreams. You can get practically anything you want in life—if you are willing to pay the price.
5. Achieve expert status. If someone were to follow you around your place of business (all day) with a video camera to make a how-to tape for people who want to do what you do, would it be a tape you’d be proud of … or embarrassed about?
If the latter, make the decision today to work toward being the best in your field. How – by studying the experts. The quickest ways to become successful is to find out what the best of the best are doing then do what they do.
6. Follow the plan. Take the time to write out an action plan, or draw a map, of how you’re going to achieve your goals. Brian Tracy, one of America’s most successful business sales trainers and speakers, points out: “Goals that are not in writing are not goals at all. They are merely wishes or fantasies.”
7. Never give up. It may sound simple, even obvious, but when you’re truly committed to achieving your goal, giving up isn’t even an option. You must be willing to do whatever it takes to make it happen.
Dr. Laureen Wishom is the founder of Dr.LaureenInternational.com a full-circle company dedicated to teaching high-achieving women entrepreneurs, executives, non-profit leaders and career professionals how to master Growth, achieve Success and live in strategic Acceleration. Through her workshops, VIPs, coaching programs and products, Dr. Laureen shows high-achieving women (and enlightened men) how to bring about radical success in: 1) Visibility and Positioning 2) Business Growth/Career Success, and 3) Revenue Acceleration. She is known for creating “WOW”, providing an unique customized experience and educating women on “doing different things and then doing things differently”™. To receive Dr. Laureen 5-day e-course entitled: How to “”Show Off”” Your Credibility for Revenue Acceleration or the audio: Are You Making a Cardboard Connection or a Brand Connection, visit Drlaureen.com