After decades in the public relations (PR) industry, I can tell you how to get the attention of the media – what to do first, what to do next, and what’s always worked and what never has.
One thing I see all the time is people using PR tactics, like posting on social media and doing podcast interviews, without having any kind of strategy to give those things purpose and focus.
If you’ve been posting on social media, but your business still isn’t going anywhere, you’re probably doing things out of order, don’t have a clear message, have gaps in your PR strategy, or no PR strategy at all.
So, listen to this episode for a peek at the big picture, including: 4 things that make a strong message, a tried-and-true 3-part publicity strategy, the 3 types of book publishing (and which is the best for you), the 10 people you should be following on social media, 6 publicity tools to make you look like a pro, 6 kinds of modern media pitches … and more!
“Publicity without strategy is frustration.” – Pam Perry
Highlights From This Episode:
- The 4 things that make up a strong message
- What do you want from publicity?
- Why you have to be ready for publicity
- The 3-part big picture of your publicity strategy
- What you’re selling to the media (and it isn’t your product, book, or service)
- Are you doing the first things first?
- 10 people you should be following on social media – and 4 reasons why
- 3 BIG reasons you need a coach or a mentor
- 6 publicity tools to make you look like a pro
- There are 3 types of book publishing – which is best for you?
- Do you have a boring bio or a banging bio?
- 6 kinds of modern media pitches
- 4 things you need to know (plus 1 thing to do) before you offer your pitch
- What AIDA stands for and why it matters
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Get Out There and Get Known podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a 5 star rating and review on Apple Podcast (formerly iTunes) to help me reach even more people.