Everyone wants media publicity for their book or business, but are they really ready for it? Are YOU?
In this episode, you’ll hear about my 5 steps to follow for media readiness: Planning, Positioning, Pitching, Promotion, and Partnering (which a lot of people overlook), plus some key questions from the Media Readiness Assessment that I give to my clients and students.
Because I’m here to tell you, you’ve gotta be ready for all that media publicity you’re trying to get. If you’re not ready when it arrives, it’ll backfire, and you’ll have wasted all the time, money, and effort you spent to get it – once that trust is broken, you can’t get it back.
So, listen in for: why systems and automation are critical to your media success (it’s not what you’d think), why it takes so long to get featured (and what to do in the meantime), mistakes I see people making allllll the time, an easy template for your 30-second pitch, where your website fits into the big picture, a special message for Black folks, what to do when a media contact says No, my client’s media readiness success story … and more!
“Be ready, so you don’t have to get ready.” – Pam Perry
Highlights From This Episode:
- The 5 stages for getting media publicity
- A big part of getting publicity that a lot of people overlook
- What George Fraser and Lisa Nichols say about saving yourself and each other…
- Why compete when you can collaborate? Here’s a win-win way to partner for profit
- Success Story! How Juanita Rasmus promotes her book with postcards
- 3 ways to spread the word about what you do
- How to share your expertise and expand your audience for free
- 3 things that go with your pitch – and be sure to go pro, okay?
- Success Story! My client who got the gold star for being ready
- What to put in your 30-second pitch (and what to leave out)
- 4 BIG mistakes people make with their domain names
- Can you answer these 5 essential questions about your target market?
- 2 powerful ways to position your book for success
- Why you MUST be ready when that PR shine shows up
- 2 things to do when a media contact says No
- How (and why!) I help Black speakers
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Get Out There and Get Known podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a 5 star rating and review on Apple Podcast (formerly iTunes) to help me reach even more people.