How does one start and keep a social media strategy going? People are getting so frustrated with social media because it’s changing so fast and something new every week.
A lot of authors, artists and entrepreneurs think it’s the “magic bullet” and others think it’s “bunch of hype” and a waste of time. And then there are folks who “just don’t get it” and try to ignore it.
Don’t get left behind. The social media train has left the station. You better get on board!
Why? Because it‘s the most effective marketing method of the 21st Century. Some call it content marketing or inbound marketing but it’s really social media marketing.
It‘s about getting the AIDA: Attention, Interest, Desire and Action from your “potential” customers/readers/clients and fans!
But people are overwhelmed and are running all over the place without a plan or a strategy.
Well, here’s a Simple Social Media Starter-plan that you can do about 15 to 30 minutes a day and start to get more traffic and learn how to build your “tribe.”
Follow these steps if you are just starting out in social media:
- Visit blogs that are in your area. Follow blogs you find interesting and have great content. Learn from them! Some of my favorite blogs: Tech Crunch, Mashable, Chocolate Pages on Tour and The Brand New Mommy.
- Read other blog posts in your area, take notes, write comments, post comments. Posting comments gives you a virtual footprint. Makes you visible (use your Gravatar!). Gets you “google juice.”
- Visit Youtube, watch videos, make comments, subscribe, share on Facebook and twitter
- Visit Facebook pages of the blogs you’re reading/following, send friend requests – add a personal note to why you want to connect with them
- Visit their Facebook like pages, like and COMMENT
- Visit their Twitter accounts, follow, retweet at least one of their tweets
- Visit their LinkedIn page and connect with them (read their links and info there too)
- Read their Ezinearticles.com or their scribd accounts or listen to their blogtalk show & SHARE the info to your social networks via Facebook or twitter
Social media is about marketing and spreading your message. Making connections. Being social! Don’t just have a “one way” conversation. Don’t be a “drive by” blogger!
YOU have to engage and get a “feel” for social networking before you start “talking” and posting stuff up everywhere. For real.
If you do the above consistently, you’ll develop quality relationships and it will increase your value and your following — and your leads will increase and you’ll get more customers, clients and yes, cash.
Make sure you leave a comment on the types of things you want to learn, hear more about and what you want covered by “Professor” Perry and the team of experts. We will be LIVE every week helping YOU to brand like a superstar!