If you have an author business or a small business that’s trying to stay in business, then you can’t miss this info-rich talk with Melinda Emerson, known worldwide as the SmallBizLady.
Melinda and I have both been in business for decades, so we can look back over what we’ve seen, done, and experienced in the past 10 or 20 years and make a solid guess at what to expect a year or two into the future – can you guess what Melinda sees coming next for small businesses?
You’ll need to listen to find out, but I can tell you now that business and marketing trends come and go, but there are tried-and-true practices that will always be in style – starting with a product that solves a problem for people who are willing and able to pay for it.So, listen in to our talk about the past, present, and future of small business, especially: the 2 problems every small business has, how the pandemic revived (and revised!) Melinda’s world-famous book, why you need to know about SEO, how long it takes to bring a dream to life (and a book to your readers) … and more!
“If you want to build a brand, you have to be relentlessly consistent.” – Melinda Emerson
Highlights From This Episode:
- The unlikely book deal that started it all
- Why your book has to be a good book
- True Story! A traditional publisher can slow your roll...
- How much time will it take to build your author platform?
- The 3-part old-school social media strategy that still works
- Your key to building a huge social media following
- True Story! Helping others will eventually help you
- The typical lifespan of a nonfiction business book – whoa!
- How to use long-form blog content as a power tool
- Do you know these 2 things about your target audience?
- 4 things your marketing needs to speak to
- 2 big reasons to be a specialist in your field
- The whole point of social media
- Here’s why you need to treat your blog like a business from Day 1...
- Why, when, and where college credentials still matter
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Get Out There and Get Known podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a 5 star rating and review on Apple Podcast (formerly iTunes) to help me reach even more people.