If you’re a great live speaker or trainer who struggles to present with equal confidence online, then this episode is for you – and if you aspire to have virtual meetings that engage and/or entertain, then you’ll want to listen closely, too!
My guest this week is Robert Kennedy III (aka RK3), a speaker, trainer, entrepreneur, and consultant who started his career in front of the world’s toughest crowd – teaching science to high school freshmen and seniors. #whoa
Now he heads Kennetik Kommunications, a leadership communications company that works with leaders who need to connect more effectively with their teams through business storytelling and deliver critical messages with confidence.
Robert has worked with AARP, Barnes & Noble, and Johnson & Johnson, and has been featured in media outlets online and off, and he’s joined us today to help you show up and shine online.Listen in and learn: why high school teachers make great public speakers, what confidence really is (no, it isn’t something you’re born with), the shift that’s underway for live speakers and trainers, and what they need to know and do now to thrive during this pandemic … and more!
“Confidence is repetition. You’ve got to be willing to take a step and do it, and then do it again, and then do it again.” – Robert Kennedy III
Highlights From This Episode:
- True Story! You can wander to your best work with intention
- Why teachers make such great public speakers
- It’s time to stop just delivering content and start creating a virtual experience
- Advice for speakers who aren’t as confident online
- What speakers and trainers should delegate when they present online
- Here’s what you need to learn now (and it ain’t Zoom technology)
- How RK3 can help you deliver video training like a pro
- 4 questions to ask before your next training
- 3 ways you can look crazy on camera
- Perfect Example! Juanita Rasmus promoting her new book on video
- How to get out of the box (of your video conferencing screen!)
- The 3 different learning styles/modalities
- Perfect Example! How to involve and engage your virtual participants
- Tips for avoiding Death by PowerPoint
- Your primary job as a facilitator, speaker, or trainer
- A tip for showing up and shining online (and getting paid as if it’s live)
- Pam Perry’s Ready Set Go Speak! program
- Robert Kennedy III (RK3)
- RK3’s Kennetik Kommunications
- “How to Stand Out as Speakers Post-Pandemic” in Speakers Magazine by Robert Kennedy III
- Learning to Be: Finding Your Center After the Bottom Falls Out by Juanita Rasmus
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Prezi - Virtual Presentation Software
- Prezi Video – Virtual and Video Presentation Maker
- Speakers Magazine
- Zoom - Video Conferencing
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Get Out There and Get Known podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a 5 star rating and review on Apple Podcast (formerly iTunes) to help me reach even more people.