Lots of people think that the best way to get more customers and clients is to look them up and then chase them down — but people who are being chased typically run away, right?!
The key is to attract your ideal people with what you’re saying and doing as a thought leader, author, or speaker. Now more than ever, attention is the currency, so I’ve brought in Tsufit — pronounced soo-feet! — author of Step Into the Spotlight, to share some of her attention-grabbing, captivate-and-capture secrets.This episode is packed with true stories and pro tips, including: the simple ACT method of business building, when silence will speak louder than words, why every thought leader should publish a book, how much time you should spend on marketing, a real-world example of “show don’t tell,” what to do about people who follow you for years but never buy your stuff … and more!
"It’s not enough to captivate; you have to capture people, too, or they’ll forget you. Put them somewhere (like an email list or group), so later they can come to you, again and again.” – Tsufit
Highlights From This Episode:
- True Story! From attorney to TV actress to musician to…
- A must-have ingredient for your personal story
- How to boost your pitch above 300+ emails in a journalist’s inbox
- True Story: Sometimes, you have to break the rules
- Pro Tip! Use silence to your advantage
- ‘How to be the speaker that everyone remembers
- Two ways to capture fans (after captivating them)
- About those people who follow you for years but never buy…
- How much of your time should you spend on marketing?
- Pro Tip! Why every thought leader should publish a book
- What marketing ISN’T
- True Story! Your 30-second pitch: “Demonstrate, don’t narrate”
- Experts! Here’s how to build your business through Q&A…
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Get Out There and Get Known podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a 5 star rating and review on Apple Podcast (formerly iTunes) to help me reach even more people.