If you’re tired of interviews with celebs who’ve peaked in their industry, then you’ll love my talk with professional motivational speaker Rodney C. Burris, a top global speaker who’s still climbing that hill.
Rodney is an active and eager participant in my Ready Set Go Speak! program, and his business is growing as he continues to grow through the information, inspiration, and challenges that I put in front of his cohort.
In this episode, he talks about how he met the recent challenge to become a podcast guest, including his stellar email pitch and the mindset behind his words – he got the gig, too!
So, listen in to hear about how an excellent referral network can actually limit business growth, what a pitch email subject line needs to be and needs to do, how to connect with authenticity, the mysteries of mirror neurons, the magic of mini-books, what you’ll gain through humility, what “I’m grown” really means … and more!
“Authenticity works in all circles … you want to honestly connect; you want to honestly build rapport.” – Rodney C. Burris
Highlights From This Episode:
- True Story! How an excellent referral network can limit your growth
- How Pam’s Ready Set Go Speak! program helps Rodney level up
- 2 things your pitch email subject line needs to be + 2 things it needs to do
- Pro Tip! The maximum length for your pitch email’s subject line
- Perfect Example! Rodney’s quirky subject line for pitch emails (p.s. It works!)
- 3 things a podcast host isn’t aiming for, and 2 things they are
- How to authentically connect with every host that you’re pitching to
- Mirror neurons: What they are, what they do, and why they matter
- Perfect Example! A 5-star closing to an email pitch
- Pam draws the line between being authentic and showing your…
- What you’ll gain through humility
- What “I’m grown” really means and how it hurts you
- Add these three letters to open yourself up to more – just ask Michelle Obama
- Big leaps, small package: Why and how mini-books work
- The main functions of your social media and your website
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Get Out There and Get Known podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a 5 star rating and review on Apple Podcast (formerly iTunes) to help me reach even more people.