So, you’ve published your book, and you want the world to know it – now what? Where do you start? What happens next? What should you expect? How long will it take?
The answers to those questions and more are in this week’s episode with guest Liz H. Kelly, publicist, author of 8-Second PR: Energize Your Story For Ultimate Media Success, and founder of the Goody Business Book Awards.Listen in to learn: why you need an 8-second pitch, pro tips about becoming an Amazon bestseller and spicing up your personal story, alternatives to googling your way to success, how winning awards boosts your PR strategy and book sales, 2 things you must have if you’re going to DIY your PR, 2 things you must be when dealing with the media – plus the one thing you should never be – and more!
"You gotta be patient and persistent – and never desperate – when you’re dealing with the media.” – Liz H. Kelly
Highlights From This Episode:
- What is 8-Second PR?
- True Story! Multiply the return on your learning investment
- Your first step for promoting your book
- A 2-part formula for the ideal pitch
- The critical PR step that no one talks about
- How long it really takes to get on major media outlets…
- To-Do: Nominate your book for book awards
- Which has more clout: Best-selling author or Award-winning author?
- Pro Tip! How to become a best-selling author on Amazon
- You can do your own PR if…
- How to get PR when you have money but no time (and vice versa)
- 3 key things the major media outlets want you to have
- When your PR works, will you be ____ to ____?
- Pro Tip! How to spice up your story so you’ll stand out
- The best way to meet your niche audience
- Dr. Pam Perry's Ready Set Go Speak! Program
- Liz Kelly’s Goody PR – official website
- 8-Second PR: Energize Your Story For Ultimate Media Success! by Liz H. Kelly (2nd edition)
- The Goody Business Book Awards
- Your Honor, Your Honor: A Journey Through Grief to Restorative Justice by Leonia J. Lloyd
- Warriors Heart Addiction and PTSD Treatment Center
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Get Out There and Get Known podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a 5 star rating and review on Apple Podcast (formerly iTunes) to help me reach even more people.