If you’re looking for a feel-good success story, then you’ll love my talk with Chris Howell of Chris Howell Communications, aka The Golden Voice.
After looking at his résumé — entrepreneur, award-winning journalist, and organization founder, formerly a district manager of a multibillion-dollar company — you might be surprised to learn that Chris never finished high school, dropping out at 9th grade after getting married at 14, then becoming a father at 16.
Now that’s a compelling story!
And this episode is all about sharing your story by being featured on the news or authoring a book, hosting a podcast or being a guest, or through owning a business (or simply working in one) that reflects and supports your Christian values.
Listen in to hear about: the not-so-secret door to a speaking or singing career; 2 ways to distribute your book before investing in print versions; a massive untapped market for self-improvement and community programs; how your story will help others (and how to get it featured in the news); plus 1 good reason to start a podcast, 3 great reasons not to, and what you can do instead … and more!
"We all have a story. We all have something we’re passionate about. Even if we’re in business to make a profit, we’re also in business to bring about a change.” – Chris Howell
Highlights From This Episode:
- True Story: From 16-year-old father to award-winning journalist & entrepreneur
- The not-so-secret door to a speaking or singing career
- Expecting layoffs? Here’s one of your options… #truestory
- Top Optics: A large office in the suburbs or a small office downtown?🤔
- Here’s an untapped market hungry for programs, books, and support…
- Pro Tip: 2 things to do before publishing your book in print
- These stories will get you on the news — and also the stories that won’t
- Where to share your story, because everything doesn’t belong everywhere
- What the well-told story of your struggle will do for others
- Pro Tip: No time to start or run a podcast? Here’s your top-notch alternative!
- The only good reason to start your own podcast
- How (and why!) to do your book tour from your home office or living room
- The #1 reason podcasts are better than live appearances
- 2 things you must have before getting out there to get known
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Get Out There and Get Known podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a 5 star rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
Enter your text here...