It's been 45 years since Diana Ross first sang, “Do you know where you’re going to…?” and that question is still essential today, especially for aspiring entrepreneurs like you.
If you’re an expert in your field and eager to start a side hustle or retire and begin the next phase of your life – STOP!
Before you make the leap, you need to answer the questions that will firm up your “foundation,” or you’ll be bowled over by the media once it turns its attention to you. Your answers will direct every action in your PR and business strategy, so step back and listen up.
In this episode, I’ll tell you what to expect in the first phase of my Ready, Set, Go Speak! process, including: the employee mindset vs the entrepreneur mindset, why it’s essential to narrow your focus and choose a niche, who to spend time with and who to avoid, how to position yourself in a new-to-you industry, the questions you MUST ask and answer before you set out to pursue your dream … and more!
“Before you try to get out there and get known, step back and decide who you’re solving a problem for and who you’re being called to” – Pam Perry
Highlights From This Episode:
- Stop! 4 questions to ask and answer before you pursue your dream
- The difference between the employee mindset and the entrepreneur mindset
- The 2 decisions that will affect everything you do from here on out
- Why the company you keep matters even more as an entrepreneur
- Why it’s essential to narrow your focus by choosing a niche
- What’s going to change after you leave your company or organization
- Are you ready for media attention? Here’s how to find out…
- What a franchise has going for it that you don’t – yet!
- Why it’s so important to build a strong foundation in this Ready phase
- Success Story: The strategy I used to position myself in my niche
- What to avoid when asking for (or participating in) summits and conferences
- PR tip on what to shape your media pitches around
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Get Out There and Get Known podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a 5 star rating and review on Apple Podcast (formerly iTunes) to help me reach even more people.