If you have big dreams of getting big publicity for your brand or your business, I’ve always said that you need to start small, and this week’s guest, 30-year veteran news anchor Darieth Chisolm, agrees!
We’ve seen it again and again with our clients and students: Build your skills, confidence, and reputation through guest appearances on podcasts, vodcasts, and Facebook groups, because interviews on digital media have things that TV and newspapers don’t (like longevity), and those small platforms are stepping stones to the bigger ones.
So, listen in and learn as we share: a hot Zoom tip from a veteran news anchor, how to build publicity using OPP (Other People’s Platforms), what podcasts and YouTube can do for you that TV and newspapers can’t, 3 reasons to start small with your media publicity reach (plus 3 online spaces to get started), a no-fail podcast pitch, 2 essential steps before pitching to any podcast … and more!
“You being on someone’s podcast is evergreen – someone in a year might be listening to it. If you plant those seeds consistently, they will spring up for you, but you have to be consistent.” – Darieth Chisolm
Highlights From This Episode:
- Perfect Example! Role models and representation matter
- What Darieth’s version of “OPP” means for building your business
- 3 reasons to start small with your media publicity reach
- 3 online spaces to get that publicity reach started
- What podcasts and YouTube can do for you that TV and newspapers can’t
- 2 things you gotta do before pitching to any podcast
- True Story! How to get every podcast interview you pitch for
- 2 reasons you won’t be on CNN next week (tip: it may not be about you)
- True Story! A podcast interview today can have you on TV next week
- A hot and fresh Zoom tip from a 30-year veteran news anchor
- Where to find freedom in 2021 and beyond – you won’t need to look far😉
- A small, big way that TV careers have changed for women of color
- Where to find a framework for earning six figures through your story
- True Story! The traumatic event that sparked activism, filmmaking, and more
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Get Out There and Get Known podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a 5 star rating and review on Apple Podcast (formerly iTunes) to help me reach even more people.