If you think that being a professional speaker is just a matter of getting on stage with a mic, then you definitely need to listen to this episode where I share an overview of the online tools and hands-on support you’ll need to succeed, even if speaking is just your side hustle.
From clarifying your message to a high-quality photoshoot to building your website to staying in touch with email subscribers to keeping your social media channels right and tight to getting noticed and featured by the media, there are a lot of moving parts for starting and running any business these days.
The good news is that I’m here to help Black speakers and authors with paid programs and free resources (like this podcast) that will point you in the right direction and stick with you until you get there.
In this episode, you’ll hear about: how this podcast can jumpstart your media pitch research, THE book to read before starting your speaking business, a few top tools for running your business, my 2 favorite trainers/mentors for Black speakers, other ways to bank on your expertise, and a special message for my Baby Boomers … and more!
"Make sure that you are doing more than speaking. You can only speak and do so many keynotes a week or a month or whatever, right? What do you offer after that?” – Dr. Pam Perry
Highlights From This Episode:
- Here’s how I’ve jumpstarted your media pitching…
- …and here’s what to do next.
- 5 people (including me!) who’ll help you tell your story
- Pro Tip! Time onstage is only part of being a pro speaker
- 3 top tools for running your speaking business
- Before you start your speaking business, read this book…
- What my name PAM really means 😉
- My 2 favorite trainers/mentors for Black speakers
- Pro Tip! Other ways to bank on your expertise
- How speakers you’ve never heard of are earning big money
- What you need to get PR
- A special message for my Baby Boomers…
- Dr. Pam Perry’s Ready Set Go Speak! program
- Dr. Pam Perry’s Branding Accelerator program
- Speak Up!: The Ultimate Guide to Dominate in the Speaking Industry by The Black Speakers Network and others
- Business tools I love and recommend
- Les Brown — official website
- Power Networking Conference
- Dr. George Fraser on LinkedIn
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Get Out There and Get Known podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a 5 star rating and review on Apple Podcast (formerly iTunes) to help me reach even more people.
Enter your text here...