If you think folks like us don’t get to live their dreams, let me introduce you to Detroit’s Greg Russell: movie reviewer, celebrity interviewer, voiceover artist, podcast host, and more in his 35+ years in the entertainment industry.
Ever since he was a kid growing up in our hometown of Detroit, Greg has wanted to be in the movies. He never migrated to Hollywood, but when he wasn’t in Michigan writing or talking about movies, he was flying around the country to be at the heart of the action.
Greg is a star of the Midwest; he even won an Emmy for his production of Positively Detroit. He’s living proof that if you love what you do, you’ll never work a day in your life.Check out our hometown chat and hear about: What it’s like to meet your heroes, how to bring amazing opportunities to you, why you must keep up with technology and the times, Greg’s perspective on women in Hollywood, and what everyone really wants to know → who’s more important, me or Kate Hudson?🤣 ...and more!
"I didn't do any interviews for The Woman King, but I did go see it, and that was something. It was so great. I mean, it was GREAT to see these powerful women of color on the screen.” – Greg Russell
Highlights From This Episode:
- How to never work a day in your life
- A little-known fact about family businesses
- True Story: You can live your dream wherever you are
- How to bring amazing opportunities to you
- True Story: Meeting your heroes can be wonderful
- Are women taking over Hollywood?
- Why it’s critical to change with the times (and not fear new technology!)
- Want Greg to review your film? Here’s how to reach him…
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Get Out There and Get Known podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a 5 star rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
Enter your text here...