Goals are a must for any person who desires to accomplish something great. Planning is a part of the process of truly successful people. Without a plan, you will not be able to achieve much, because of broken focus. Creating goals is valuable for it helps one to focus upon the attaining of that particular purpose, which is important to the dreamer. Goals are important because they help to steady the mind upon the pursuit of the thing desired, until it is realized. And it is well worth it to begin the new [SEASON] right, with a set of goals which can motivate and catapult you in the direction of the attainment of a worthy course, the fulfillment of your dream.
What are goals? Simply put, goals are the stepping stones to reach a destination which you desire to fulfill. Goals are not just the dream in your heart, but rather, they serve as the plan, the how to, the path you need to walk, day by day, to the realization of that dream.
Your dream may be to attain a certain position in the company you work for. Or it may be to make more money in your chosen profession. Then again, your dream may be to start your own business or to raise the level of your business to another level. Your dream may be to have a better relationship with your family or to be a better speaker, teacher, preacher, worker, or something else.
Regardless of the dream, you need to set goals based upon that dream, and then take action immediately, working that plan day by day, until the goals are reached and the desire becomes a reality. Here are a few tips for the attaining of any goal.
1. Set the goals based upon the dream in your heart.
2. Write your goals down. Write them in such a way that is clear and focused. This may take time, but the clearer the vision, the better it is to walk it out.
3. Make the steps to the attaining of the goal as practical as possible. This may involve asking others for their advice, who are more knowledgeable than you are. Do not neglect to do this because in the multitude of counsellors there is safety. Getting advise from others may save you valuable time and money.
4. Make the goals practical enough to work them daily. This will give you motivation to act on your goals.
5. Take immediate action. Master procrastination. Once your goals are set, begin to implement them right away. Do not wait on a feeling to get going. The feelings will come more and more, as you reach one goal after another. So don’t wait on a feeling. Start NOW.
6. Believe in yourself. God created you a valuable person, with gifts, talents and the ability to make things happen. So believe in God, Who believes in you, and believe in yourself and what He has given to you. You can do it. You can attain it. You can handle the challenges which are sure to come. Believe in yourself. And believe that God will always be there to help you.
7. Persist. There is no other word as vital to your success as persistence. It will overcome every barrier, leap over every hurdle, knock down any giant, remove each resistance and enable you to fulfill the dream of your heart. Persist. Keep at it. Never give up and never cave in. Keep on keeping on. You are bound to hit the mark if you never stop trying.
8. Read a chapter from the Book of Proverbs in the BIBLE each day. This Book from God’s Holy Word is filled with practical insights which govern true success and is sure to help you, encourage you and motivate you to be your best.