Dr. Pam Perry and Dr. Cecila GreeneBarr discussed the importance of ethical practices and integrity when engaging in online education and commerce. They reminded listeners of the cautionary tale of Billy McFarland, who preyed on people’s insecurities and used deceptive tactics to present an illusion of luxury and wealth. Dr. GreeneBarr also relayed her own story of how she used the internet with no strategy other than to share the word, but then discovered the need to utilize internet marketing strategies to maximize her goals and objectives. There is an importance of relying on the Holy Spirit for guidance instead of the allure of a ‘guru’, and warned about the “wolves in sheep’s clothing” in the public sphere.
The conversation serves as an important reminder that ethical practices and discerning the spirit are essential for success in digital marketing and commerce.
“The vanity is what they see. Instead of being at a place of grateful, even though we'll go to church and say, Lord, you've done so much for me, you never have to do anything else. Then we will begin to lust and desire for what we do not have.” – Rev. Dr. Cecila GreeneBarr
Highlights From This Episode:
- Engineering and Ministry [00:04:20]
- Smoke and Mirrors [00:07:33]
- Should we: Fake it till you make it.? [00:14:43]
- Be True: Authentic Representation [00:23:09]
- Wolf in Sheep Clothing [00:27:13]
- Spirit of Deception [00:31:18]
- Relying on Holy Spirit [00:34:48]
- Reflection: Show up as You [00:42:00]
- Put on the Full Armor: Guarding Against Deception [00:44:37]
- Don't Be Fooled Dig Deeper [00:48:10]
- Shine your light [00:54:49]
- Action Step: Moving by Revelation [00:57:03]
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Get Out There and Get Known podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a 5 star rating and review on Apple Podcasts.