In this third part of the 4-part introduction to my Ready Set Go Speak! system for getting yourself out there and getting known, you’ll see if you’re good to Go😊
By this phase, you’ve already defined, divined, and designed your brand, and you’ve also identified your ideal client (Phase 1: Get Ready ), plus your website, your headshots, and other marketing materials are all pulled together (Phase 2: Get Set).
Now you’re ready to reach out to the media! It’s time to pitch yourself to TV, radio, magazines, podcasts, influencers, and potential partners … But where do you start? Who do you talk to? What will they want you to do?
The answers to those questions and more are in this week’s episode, where I talk about: how to study the media, making sure your message is a match, where to start pitching, and how to make it easy for media contacts to say Yes. I also share real-world examples and success stories on how to ‘spin’ your topic to fit what’s in the news now … and more!
“You’re not going to be everything to everybody … Don’t pitch to a show that doesn’t fit you just because it’s popular.” – Pam Perry
Highlights From This Episode:
- The first thing to do after gathering all your marketing materials
- Why you need to study the media before doing any outreach
- Should you start with the top media channels or the low-hanging fruit? 🤔
- Success Story! When your message is a perfect match for the media
- Pop Quiz! Should your headshots be vertical or horizontal?
- 2 simple ways to make it easy for the media to say Yes to you
- 5 social media channels for connecting with media contacts
- Media begets media – how you dial it down to build it up
- Focus your media outreach with these 7 questions about your ideal client
- Do you know precisely when your topic or niche will be newsworthy?
- Why people love publicity (and you should, too…)
- Should you pitch your message as an ad or news? 🤔
- When you should befriend the media (hint: before you want something!)
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Get Out There and Get Known podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a 5 star rating and review on Apple Podcast (formerly iTunes) to help me reach even more people.