“Professional speaker” and “public speaker” may sound like the same thing, but there’s a world of difference between the two...
Here it is in a nutshell: A professional speaker makes their living from speaking at events versus someone who just likes to talk in front of crowds to promote their business or share their story or expertise.
Speaking is a calling, a hobby, or a marketing tactic for many people, but for a professional speaker, being on stage is a career, a business, and everyday involvement in an industry with its own jargon, events, books, magazines, associations, and organizations. And there’s more...
The top professional speakers don’t just share information, they aim to transform people’s lives through implementation of the ideas that they present.
If you want to learn more about what it takes to be a professional speaker, listen in and learn: the #1 reason that businesses fail (and scale!), 3 extra income streams for pro speakers, what your website is supposed to do (and what social media is for), what’s in every pro speakers “toolbox”, how I can help you build a profitable full-time speaking career … and more!
“Most businesses fail because of a lack of systems, not from a lack of customers.” – Pam Perry
Highlights From This Episode:
- In a nutshell: The difference between professional and public speakers
- What your personal library says about you
- 3 extra income streams for pro speakers
- How many products can you pull from one book?
- 5+ things you’ll need for a pro speaking business
- The 6 types of bios that pro speakers use
- What many pro speakers have in common
- 4 things that will make your message unique
- The pro speaker’s mindset
- What social media is actually for
- Does your website do these 4 things for you?
- What it takes to keep up in our fast-moving world
- What’s in every pro speaker’s business toolbox
- Pam Perry’s Ready Set Go Speak! program
- Speakers magazine
- Black Speakers Network
- The 6 Ms of Success: Media, Marketing, Management, Messaging, Marriage & Money -- Webinar
- I'm Speaking Now: Black Women Share Their Truth in 101 Stories of Love, Courage, and Hope (Chicken Soup for the Souls)
- Speak Up!: The Ultimate Guide to Dominate in the Speaking Industry by Black Speakers Network
- Who Moved My Cheese?: An A-Mazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life by Dr. Spencer Johnson
- CSP: Certified Speaking Professional by National Speakers Association (NSA)
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Get Out There and Get Known podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a 5 star rating and review on Apple Podcast (formerly iTunes) to help me reach even more people.