I am ecstatic to share with you the blog post I have been working in my reflective time. In this article, you will learn what it takes to make your business thrive and grow! I know that many of you out there are searching for the one thing that will take them from “good” to “great.” If so, then be sure take note of the 9 reasons why my business is doing so well – and how YOU can do what I did.
I’m not exaggerating when I say that my business is doing better than it has ever been. And the reason is because of our company’s growth mindset. This means we’re always striving to improve and grow, and never satisfied with where we are right now. The positive attitude has led us to SUCCESS: by taking a spiritual approach to running a small business, we have made ourselves BIGGER through SPIRITUALITY!
Growth Mindset vs. Fixed Mindset
The growth mindset is different from the fixed mindset. Most of us believe things are the way they are, and they don’t change over time. This is a way of thinking that believes we’re born with talent and intelligence, and we do what we can with them.
The growth mindset says that talent and intelligence are just the starting point. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not these qualities but perseverance and the capacity to learn that allow us to do amazing things.
To put it more simply, the fixed mindset says, “I can’t do that.” The growth mindset says, “I can’t do that yet.” It’s about faith.
The 9 Qualities of the Growth Mindset
- Be Unafraid to Fail. You will inevitably make mistakes along the way. The growth mindset sees every failure as a valuable learning experience. You take what you learn from the experience and use it for next time. I am ambitious; so every time go up to bat may not be a home run – but I’m not afraid to swing. You must have “calling” that leads you; so knowing your soul purpose is important. Once you’re sure of your “why” – you will not be afraid to try different things – that shows up in doing the “HOW” without fear.
- Be Accountable to Yourself. People with this mindset don’t blame others for what happens. They take accountability for their words and actions. If you are true to yourself, you will succeed. The way we run our business: NO EXCUSES! We are here to deliver; and if there are obstacles – we figure it out. When you’re in tune with yourself and are listening to your gut, you’ll find solutions to problems faced. I spend time meditating on my goals, dreams and desires – and I’m amazed at how God brings me success. I have strong level of intuition and am very spiritual: my secret sauce. I tap in!
- Do Not Concerned with What Others Have. If you think this way, you’re not jealous or envious of the success of others. You’re happy for the people around you who succeed, and you draw inspiration from them for your own success. When I finally released what others think, have or do – I experienced a level of creativity that was boundless and began to manifest so many things that I strived to achieve for years! I had a major shift.
- Stay Positive. People like this are unfailingly positive. Not only are they positive, but they surround themselves with positive people and steer clear of negativity. You must cultivate a community of those who are seeking the LIGHT. Being a lightworker myself, it is critical that I avoid people who want to dwell in darkness. Go where you’re celebrated not just tolerated. Be part of a mastermind. That has been one reason why I have had such success. I am kicking off one in January; so if you’re interested, let me know and we can have a conversation to see if this is in alignment with your next step to success.
- Always Be Constantly Learning. The key feature of the growth mindset is that you’re hungry to learn. You want to know about everything. But most of all, you want to learn through experience. You’re excited to try something new and see what happens because you know experience is the best teacher. (I am a conference queen and a webinar warrior!)
- Be Obsessed with Efficiency. People who think this way are always seeking to streamline and make things more efficient. They’re trying to work smarter, not harder. Here are the automation tools we use, click here.
- Lean How to do Priority Settings. Successful people are good at setting priorities and focusing on the most important things. They don’t get lost in the little details or easily distracted. Focus days are important. For example, Mondays are my prospecting days, Tuesdays are my client care days, Wednesdays are content creation (podcast) days, Thursdays are team meeting days and administrative days and Fridays are follow up days.
- Be Resilient. The growth mindset makes you resilient. You’re ready to get kicked to the floor and get right back up to try again. You have to know when to “reset” or pivot. That’s when you have to really listen to your gut and get still to get in alignment for your next steps.
- Get Support & Gain Expertise. A person with this mentality seeks to become an expert in their field and gain deep expertise. I personally always have a coach or a mentor. I always say, you can learn from mistakes or mentors. Having a coach shortens your learning curve – and accelerates your success.