As a Christian, I’ve learned to cast my cares on the Lord. And I’ve been doing a lot of casting lately, especially since the events of domestic and foreign terrorism have increased. Couple that with an erratic, unpredictable and hot-headed Tweet-happy President – a person would have a good reason to WORRY – at the very least be overly concerned.
I had to go back to my original “Ps and Qs” article from earlier this year and remind myself of the few things. Then I went waaay back to a blog I wrote in 2008 to remind myself that WE HAVE THE VICTORY.
With all that’s going on from Charlottesville to Your Ville…. I hope this blesses you and allow you to KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON because we are VICTORS not VICTIMS.
Here are some strategies to keep a victorious attitude all year and remain undefeated:
1. Don’t panic, worry or complain. Set your mind and keep it set on victory. When things seem to skid off the tracks, minimize the situation and maximize your time with God. The Word says, “Be still and know that I am God” (Ps. 46:10). God is bigger than your problem; greater than your issues. 2008 will be great if we keep the faith. Fear will die and courage will flourish when you take time and get alone in the presence of God. It’s hard to complain about the minuscule when you’re in the presence of the omniscient, omnipotent God. Enter into His rest; trust Him. God promises in Isaiah 43:2-3: “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the LORD your God.” You can’t worry and worship at the same time. So make it a habit to worship God with all your heart – He loves you.
2. Embrace your calling, claim your dream & define your goals. Be serious about success and don’t compare yourself with others. Finding and fulfilling your own destiny is victory. By honing in on your own God-given gifts and talents will prevent you from being side-tracked by envy and jealousy which opens the door to negativity and adversity. Real winners keep their heart pure and focus on achieving more, doing more and reaching for more so they can live their dreams and make an impact on others. Winners are mission-minded. Run the race that God called you to run.
3. Fight back, be bold and very courageous. Your dreams are worth it. Know that battle is only temporary and we win when we fight using the weapons God has provided us: soak up the Scriptures so you can consistently confess the Word and declare victory over your situation; fasting to sharpen your spiritual sensitivity to hear God’s voice; get rid of offence and walk in love and forgiveness; sow seed expecting a miracle because the law of reciprocity works; and praise God before you actually see the victory. That’s proof of true belief.
4. Get wisdom, knowledge and understanding. The more you know, the more you grow. Readers are leaders. Study the champions. Read about great men and women. Meditate on biblical heroes like Joseph, Paul, David or Esther. Stay inspired. Create a prayer circle. Listen to godly advice from mentors. Ignorance can be deadly. “My people are destroyed from lack on knowledge” (Hosea 4:6). Continually expand your mind and learn from good books.
5. Give God time to work. Stand firm, stay strong and be patient in the process. Promotion follows adversity. Expect it. Get your eyes on the bigger picture. Feed your faith and don’t lose hope. Life is a marathon not a sprint. Be tough; avoid the victim mentality when you get weary. Visualize success and keep faith photos of your goal before you. Patience is a weapon. “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up” (Galatians 6:9).
6. Stay focused. Your battle deserves your full attention. We only lose because of broken focus. Eliminate distractions and toxic people from your life. You’ll be sure to get the victory when you keep your focus and full of joy. If we just learn to outlast the enemy, we win. When the enemy sees you are more determined than he is, he’ll back down and you’ll move forward into greater realms of victory.
And of course, we PRAY. Pray for our country, pray for love, pray for our leaders, pray for peace, pray for wisdom and mainly pray for FAITH. Why? Because faith will cast our the fear, worry and anxiety….. here’s a prayer from one of my pastor clients, Pastor George Adams, Jr.
Personal Prayer of Faith
Father, I come before You in the Name of Jesus, and I choose life today! I will walk in faith and not in fear. Because the Lord is on my side I will not fear what any man can do to me. Father, in the Name of Jesus, I ask You to open my eyes to any hidden areas of fear in my life.
Lord, Your Word says faith comes by hearing the Word of God, and I will build up my faith today by reading Your Word and acting upon it. Thank You, Father, for the hedge of protection that You bring in response to my faith. Thank You that through the righteousness of Jesus I can confidently trust in Your peace and safety for my life and home knowing that Your angels are always on guard. I believe today! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Perfect love casts out fear! Fill your life with joy – because the JOY of the LORD is your Strength!